When project managers make important decisions without verified data, it is like taking a stab in the dark. Your decisions will be based on very little to no evidence, so the action may not be very efficient and could only be a waste of time and resources.
That’s why it is important to monitor projects diligently and use the data you gathered to come up with intelligent decisions. Here are some questions answered through project monitoring:
- Are tasks being carried out as planned?
- Are there any unforeseen consequences that arise as a result of these
- How is your team performing at a given period of time?
- What are the elements of the project that needs changing?
- What is the impact of these changes?
- Will these actions lead you to your expected results?
Automated tools and technologies can simplify the tedious process of project monitoring. Most project managers have already adopted project management tools to delegate tasks and monitor their projects. However, project monitoring is a complex process and there are only a few project management apps out there that can support the project manager’s requirement to have laser-focus on individual tasks and team efficiency.