top button

Proxy server

+1 vote

How to do the testing using proxy server in Google Chrome?

posted Nov 5, 2018 by Namita

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

2 Answers

+1 vote

A proxy server is an intermediary between your computer and the internet, often used to hide your real location and allow you to access websites that would otherwise be blocked. However, not all proxies offer the same privacy protections as a VPN. When you’re using ExpressVPN, you don’t need an additional proxy running.

If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet, it’s possible that it has been set to use a proxy server.

Note: The steps below will not help you access online streaming services. If you’re unable to access a service because a VPN or proxy is detected, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.
For instructions on how to disable your proxy in Chrome, please refer to the section appropriate to your computer.Disable proxy for Chrome on Windows
Click on the Chrome Menu in the browser toolbar.

Chrome settings menu Windows
Select Settings.

Chrome settings Windows
Click Advanced.

click Advanced
In the “System” section, click Open proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties window.

Open proxy settings Chrome for Windows
Under “Local Area Network (LAN) settings,” click on LAN settings.
chrome-lan-settings
Under “Automatic configuration,” uncheck Automatically detect settings. Also make sure Use a proxy server for your LAN is unchecked too.
chrome-lan-options
Click OK, and OK.

answer Nov 7, 2018 by Bharath
0 votes

Hi! Thanks for sharing!
How can i conect with proxy charly an iphone with windows? do you have a link to share?
Thanks!!

answer Nov 14, 2018 by Samanta Fizzano
Similar Questions
0 votes

I am a qa tester with more than 6 years exp.i am looking for a project.please help

+2 votes

I want to know how this website works and how i will start works as tester to test different platforms